Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Torinos Cheesecakes & Tortes


My mom came up with her idea for a small business about a year ago selling flavored cheesecake. It took her a little over a year to develop the cheesecake recipes, get all of her licences and food handling training, and find a commercial kitchen that she could rent to bake the many different flavors of cheesecake. Together we created a website for Torinos Cheesecakes and Tortes --being a creative person she designed the logo. We finally opened the online cheesecake store this week.

I was talking to her recently about the many different cheesecake flavors and she mentioned offhand that she can make a great many of flavored cheesecakes safe for diabetics or glucose intolerant diets and you can't taste the difference! I have a serious problem with my blood sugar and keeping it in control and I love it when I come across something that I can eat, that tastes good and won't throw me into a coma at the end of the day! She said she is going to work on a list of cheesecakes that she can make safe for glucose intolerant diets and we will add it to her web store. I think I will request a Macaroon toasted coconut cheesecake or a Marco De Plaza Mocha--you know just to taste test.
The picture is of my friendly neighborhood moose cow. She is still a baby--less then a year old. She doesn't look too healthy, you could count every rib but, then again we had a harsh winter this year.

No comments: