Sunday, January 4, 2009

Is It Time For A Bull Run?


There is a boy in town that runs around yelling,"hamburgers tell the future, hamburgers tell the future!" I wish that were true I would run over to the local hamburger stand and demand to know what we can expect from the economy and the stock market. Instead I have to read analyst reports to try to get a feel for what will happen.


In a recent report by Ned Davis research they see the end of the Bear and predict the start of a Bull run based on past cycles of the stock market and various stimulus packages. They also see the recession ending somewhere between March and June. The Federal Reserve is saying that a pickup will happen by June. Ned Davis Research believes that we could see a recovery in stocks of about 72% for the year--I hope so! I'm still suffering when I look at my investments but I'm starting to reposition to buy.


On the down side at a gathering of academic economists in San Francisco, the economist there remain pessimistic about the way that the Federal Reserve has handled the financial crises and the economy.


Yup! I think I'll go buy a hamburger.

No comments: