Tuesday, December 30, 2008

End of Year Retail Sales--Shop, Baby Shop!

Have you been to the end of season sales? Oh my Hell there are some bargains to be found for sure! My favorite store, Victoria's Secret has a huge sale going on and I was able to pick up the most beautiful luxuries in there--made of dark pearl grey lace and silk with scallops of roses on the boarder. Everything in there was heavily discounted and the crowds were thick. The department stores had some good sales but, I couldn't really find anything that I wanted to part money for except for a Calvin Klien shirt. My favorite brand Lucky Jeans had no discounts what so ever! I love their shirts but, they are $75 a pop and I hate spending that much for a tee shirt!

Reuter's News is reporting that retail sales for the holiday season were the worse since 1970!
It's not just in the United States, European retailers are struggling as well. Britain retailers are reporting discounts as deep as 90% to attract shoppers.
The deepest discounts right now can be found in apparel and electronics.

Elle: "It's impossible to use a half-loop stitching on low-viscosity rayon. It would snag the fabric. And you didn't just get it in - I saw it in the June Vogue a year ago. So if you're trying to sell it to me for full price, you've picked the wrong girl."
Legally Blond

No comments: