Monday, January 7, 2008

Starting an online business: The Goddess of floating deserts

I have been working on a website for my mom's new Desert business using a company that is a whole service web provider with different web site templates to chose from and step by step guidelines for building an e-commerce store front. So far it is working out wonderfully. I really like using this type of web service. They even have shopping carts and payment set-up!It really is amazing to me! One thing though is that we want to include pictures of her products on the website and the task is proving to be a wee-bit difficult.

The first photo shoot didn't go very well. She had someone take pictures of her standing over a table with her deserts arranged and decorated beautifully on a table with her posing in the back of it with her hands stretched out like, "here are my deserts--help yourself". She looked great, her deserts looked great,the trouble was that in the photos you can see the corner of where the walls of the room join. I asked her if she could shoot another roll of film and put them on a CD for me to get rid of the glaring wall problem. So she took a pair of scissors and cut out the picture of herself--the same one with her arms outstreched--and the deserts and took it in and had a new picture created eliminating the wall corner dilemma. The only problem now is that she also eliminated the table and the bottom half of her torso! So now she looks like the Goddess of floating deserts!

I'm sure that we will get it right eventually.

No comments: